What happens when you stand in a queue for a long time? If you have been standing in your stilettos, surely it must have been a sensitive matter. If you are standing in your favorite pair of sneakers or flip flops or loafers, you may not complain that much. Invest in good shoes for feet just so that you do not end up giving your back and legs a bad time.
You may be in a profession where you may need to wear stylish high-heels for long. But how do you feel the moment you step out of it in your home ultimately? Don’t you feel waves of relief surging towards you? In any case, do not compromise on footwear comfort.
A shoe one size too big or too tight may cause problems not just to the feet and ankles but to the widest part near the toes, and even up your spine. So, make sure to get good shoes for feet. These should give you support and grip whether you sit or stand.
Steps to Pick the Best and the Most Comfortable Footwear
Here are a few points to note while picking the best shoes for yourself.
- Measure and Trace Your Feet: The first step will be to stand barefoot on a sheet of paper and trace an outline of your feet.
- Place Your Shoes on it: If your shoes are all the perfect fit, it could be measuring exactly along the tracing you have just made of your feet.
- Go Shopping at Noon: Now that you realized you need to shop for good shoes for feet, go shopping at noon when your feet tend to expand naturally. It also means you will get the best comfortable fit during this time.
- Don’t Forget the Socks: If you are buying formal or sports shoes, make sure to wear the socks as you go picking the perfectly sized footwear.
- Try it On: It is definitely worth the effort to try it on and see your comfortable fit. If there is less than a half-inch space between your longest toe and the shoe, then you may shop for it. Also, apart from checking it out in the shop mirror’s reflection, walk around the store in it. You will get a fair idea of how it feels.
- Don’t fall for Shoe Numbers or Sizes: Every shoe brand has its scale and number for each of its shoes. So, do not assume that if your size is 7 for one brand, it will be the same in another brand as well. Go only by measurements.
- Check the Straps or Fitting: Is the shoe too tight? Try slipping in a couple of fingers to see if you can slide it down or not. If yes, then it is a comfortable fit. Some people may want their pair of shoes to be like that if it does not have any other loops or clasps to hold in place. However, if you find your feet swelling up just as you slip into your shoes, don’t buy it.
- Look for Soles and Heels: When you are buying shoes for foot health, you cannot ignore checking the heels and the material of the shoe sole. Does it just have a wooden base or a plastic base? If you are going to run, travel, hike, or wait on your foot all day, don’t go for stiff soles. Go for soft padding in the sole to give your feet the best comfort.
A stylish pair of shoes is an investment. But don’t make hasty choices based on a fashion trend alone, especially if you are someone looking for essential comfort.